Tuesday 7 October 2008

CSE

CSE

Alternative to GCE

My summer term exam papers were assessed by two different examination boards. The GCE results were the important ones, but it didn't do any harm to have CSE certificates as well. A CSE grade 1 was regarded as the equivalent of a GCE "O" level pass. It is therefore particularly intersting that the CSE assessors gave me a grade 1 in georgaphy although the GCE assessors failed me on that occasion. I passed GCE geography at the second attempt as the GCE results show. The winter term exam papers were only assessed by the GCE board, so I never attained a CSE grade 1 in English language (or General English, as the CSE board preferred to call it), but of course it doesn't matter. Eventually, the GCE and CSE exams were merged into what became the GCSE.

While the the GCE board only gave certificates for passes, the CSE board gave grades, so in listing the subjects, I list the grades too.


General English (2)
English literature (4)
Geography (1)
Mathematics (1)
Chemistry (1)
Physics (2)
Technical drawing (3)


Physics (1)
English literature (3)

No comments: